If you are considering undergoing a non-invasive body reshaping procedure, you might be wondering: what is the difference between CoolSculpting and Emsculpting? What follows is a comparison of the two procedures which will hopefully assist you in making an informed decision before undergoing either procedure.
What’s the difference between CoolSculpting and Emsculpting?
An overview of the two procedures is outlined below.
● CoolSculpting and Emsculpting are both non-invasive dermatological procedures used to reduce excess body fat. CoolSculpting involves freezing the fat cells and killing approximately 25% of them. Emsculpting is powered by electromagnetic impulses that stimulate rapid muscle contractions.
● CoolSculpting is capable of eliminating up to 25% of the fat cells it contacts.
● Emsculpting primarily focuses on the glutes and is therefore commonly referred to as a “butt lift.” Emsculpting is a newer procedure to emerge on the market.
● CoolSculpting involves targeting excess fat cell deposits in stubborn areas such as the lower back and glutes and eliminates the fat cells by freezing them. It can also be used under the jawline and in other areas of the body where stubborn fat deposits exist.
● Anesthesia is not required for either procedure.
● Both procedures have been cleared by the FDA.
● Neither procedure should be considered a method of achieving weight loss; both are designed to eliminate fat.
● Emsculpting involves eliminating fat cells by causing thousands of muscle contractions per minute.
● Emsculpting also stimulates the abs, causing the abdominal muscles to contract and become more toned.
● The two procedures are similar in price per session. Prices vary depending on the session and most spas offer specials, discounts and packages.
More about CoolSculpting vs. Emsculpting; A common question is “are CoolSculpting and Emsculpting safe?”
The answer is largely yes. Neither of the two procedures is safe for the entire population, and there are some underlying medical conditions that could have a negative reaction with the respective procedures. As such, only a licensed professional is allowed to perform the sculpting procedures, and you, as a patient, have the responsibility of disclosing your medical history and any conditions you have with your doctor so that any risks can be discussed.
That said, both procedures are considered quite safe as they are non-invasive. Unlike liposuction or a tummy tuck, CoolSculpting and Emsculpting are non-surgical procedures. The patient is awake at all times, with no need for anesthesia. Both procedures may involve some minor discomfort but are generally painless.
Many patients ask – Is the procedure worth it?
Before considering CoolSculpting or Emsculpting, most patients want to know if the respective procedure is worth it. Both procedures can be pricey per session. The short answer, based on patients surveyed, is that yes, the procedures are indeed worth it. CoolSculpting is relatively inexpensive, compared to the more invasive cosmetic procedures used to reduce fat, and its effects last just as long. Emsculpting is competitively priced and offers the addition of muscle definition, not just fat removal. In sum, both procedures are relatively low cost with positive results.
What is a fundamental difference between the two procedures?
The biggest difference between CoolSculpting and Emsculpting is that Emsculpting is the only cosmetic dermatological procedure that results in toned muscles and muscle definition, thus not only giving the body a more sculpted appearance but also preventing the accumulation of future fat cells.
Should you consider a body sculpting procedure?
If you are considering a cosmetic dermatological procedure, you should first discuss your options with your doctor to ensure you have no conditions that will conflict with either procedure and put you at risk. Next, when comparing CoolSculpting and Emsculpting, review how many sessions you should expect to undergo to achieve your desired results. Discuss maintaining your desired physique, necessary changes to your diet, and what sort of exercise you should plan on incorporating into your routine and when.
Will my results last?
This is a question for you to discuss with your care provider or specialist. However, one of the most positive aspects of the Emsculpting procedure is the development of strong, sculpted abdominal muscles, glutes, and beyond. Many people see the kind of results that they tried to achieve after years of rigorous exercise at the gym.
Our Spa Specialists at Body Sculpting Spa not only will help you look your best, but also improve your self-esteem. A healthy diet and regular exercise is highly recommended for your overall health and to maximize results.
Our body sculpting services include non-invasive fat reduction such as coolSculpting and truSculpt iD, skin tightening Fibroblast, skin smoothing ThermiSmooth as well as spa services such as Permanent Makeup, Facial Enhancements and more! Every procedure begins with a Free Consultation so that all your questions are answered, and you know what to expect. Call today to learn more and find out about our monthly specials and packages!