Advanced MicroNeedling Services St. Clair Shores, MI
Our Experienced MicroNeedling Technicians Can Help You Regain Your Natural Beauty!
What is Microneedling and how does it work? Microneedling is collagen induction therapy. It is a minimally-invasive non-surgical and nonablative procedure for facial rejuvenation that involves the use of a micro-needling device to create controlled skin injury. As each fine needle punctures the skin, it creates a channel or micro-wound. The controlled injury triggers the body to fill these micro-wounds by producing new collagen and elastin in the papillary dermis. In addition, new capillaries are formed. This neovascularisation and neocollagenesis following treatment leads to reduction of scars and skin rejuvenation, i.e., improved skin texture, firmness and hydration. Professional MicroNeedling is considered to be one of the safest skin treatment procedures. Unlike chemical peels, dermabrasion and laser treatments, Microneedling causes minimal damage to the skin.
MicroNeedling to Remove Acne Scars
MicroNeedling to Lessen Stretch Marks!
MicroNeedling to Improve Wrinkles, Skin Tightening and Tone!
Get Started with MicroNeedling Today!
Ask About Our Financing Options
Common Questions about MicroNeedling
What is Microneedling used for?
Microneedling is effectively used on face, neck, decollette, arms, legs, stomach, hips, hands for:
- Reducing scars (including hypertrophic scars) caused by acne, surgery or thermal burns.
- Fading stretch marks
- Reducing fine lines and deep wrinkles
- Dyspigmentation e.g in melasma
- Tightening sagging skin
- Some forms of Hyperpigmentation
- Reducing pore size
- Enhancing delivery of skin care products
- Minimizing acne breakouts
Benefits of Microneedling
- Reduced risk of hyperpigmentation and scarring therefore safe on ethnic or dark skin
- Suitable for thin and sensitive skin
- The procedure is well tolerated and well accepted by the patients
- It is cost-effective, and can be done on areas of skin not suitable for peeling or laser resurfacing, such as near eyes.
- As opposed to ablative laser resurfacing, the epidermis remains intact and is not damaged. For this reason, the operation can be safely repeated if needed.
- Treatment does not result in a line of demarcation between treated and untreated skin, as usually occurs with other resurfacing procedures. This allows for specific areas of scarring to be treated without the need to “blend” or “feather” at the treatment edges.
- The patient can resume regular activities within a few days, depending on the depth of penetration of the needles. Treatment options like laser resurfacing or dermabrasion are often associated with considerable morbidity and downtime from daily activities of the patient in the post-treatment period.
What is the Microneedling procedure like?
- The procedure is well tolerated. It takes up to an hour to complete, depending on the area to be treated and the severity of the problem.
- No lotions, makeup or other topical products are applied on the treatment area on the day of the procedure.
- The medical professional then applies a numbing cream (topical) on the treatment area or injects local anaesthetic.
- The skin is punctured in a specific pattern using a skin needling device. The device is rolled over the skin multiple times for best results.
- As each fine needle punctures the skin, it creates a channel or micro-wound stimulating skin cell regeneration.
- Depending on the condition treated it may take approx 60 minutes to complete the procedure.
- A minimum of four to six weeks is recommended between treatments as it takes that long for new natural collagen to form.
Post procedure care for microneedling
- Skin needling is well tolerated by patients but dryness, scaling, redness and swelling may be seen after treatment, lasting for several days or longer, depending on the depth of penetration of the needles.
- Sun protection for several weeks is recommended.
- In the case of acne scars, after the skin needling procedure, the face should be cleaned with a gentle cleanser before bed. The next day, the face may be cleansed with gentle cleanser and serum should be immediately put on before barrier cream.
- As the microholes close quickly, postoperative wound infection is rare.
- Highly concentrated Serums and a barrier ointment may be prescribed as needed.
- Rejuvenation of skin may be seen as soon as 2 weeks and as long as 6-8 months after the medical procedure.
- Burn scars are slow to respond. It can take up to 6 months to 1 year to see the final results from a single treatment.
- For best result 3-6 treatments are recommended depending on goals
- Please discontinue any prescribed exfoliants, retinols, or skin care products with any type of acid as an ingredient at least 2 weeks prior to your microneedling appointment.
- Keep skin well moisturized leading up to procedure.
- If you get botox or fillers please note that we have to wait at least 2-3 weeks after you have received those procedures to do microneedling.
- If you are pregnant you must consult with your doctor about receiving the microneedling procedure.
How many skin needling procedures does one need?
Are there any side effects from skin needling?
Generally the treated areas recover rapidly from Microneedling. However there are occasional side effects, which include:
- Oozing and swelling during the recovery phase.
- Skin infection with bacteria (very rare) or herpes simplex virus (cold sores) if prone to cold sores.
- Milia, which can be easily removed. (very rare).
- Acne flare, which is usually mild and rare, and it is normally toxins leaving the skin.
We are proud to offer the following financing options:
Click on the links below to apply for our body sculpting services!
Body Sculpting Spa is located in St. Clair Shores Michigan and offers many services to help individuals look great including: coolsculpting, fat reduction, skin tightening, microneedling, permanent makeup, facial enhancement, electro body sculpting, ion active treatments, specialty masks and ampoules, lash lift, brow tint, chemical peels, body treatments, waxing, face waxing, body waxing, abdomen coolsculpting, flanks coolsculpting, coolsculpting for thighs, coolsculpting for arms, double chin coolsculpting, submental coolsculpting, and more!
Service Areas Include: Grosse Pointe MI, St. Clair Shores MI, Clinton Township MI, Sterling Heights MI, Harrison Township MI, Macomb MI, Warren MI, Southfield MI, Royal Oak MI, Troy MI, Grosse Pointe Woods MI, Warren MI, Eastpointe MI, and Beyond!